When we’re busy taking care of others, one of the very first things we neglect is taking care of ourselves. For many single moms and dads, this can lead to single parent burnout. To avoid this, take some time today to do something just for you. It doesn’t have to require a babysitter, and it doesn’t have to take up much of your time. The simple act of practicing intentional self care can help you avoid single parent burnout, help you feel stronger, restore your sense of peace, and fill you with hope for what lies ahead.
PART II by A. D. Summerlin
You’ve already been locked out of his cell phone, and he keeps calling you by sweet endearments so much that you suspect he doesn’t really know your name. His mother has called you Marie and your name is Louise. If you have not yet determined whether or not you are dating a player, here are more ways to make the determination:
1. FACEBOOK HAREM – He has more Facebook posts from women than men, and his guy friends are only in pictures that include him. His Facebook wall consists of a bunch of women with captions that read, “Miss you,” “Let’s do it again!” and “So much fun last Labor Day” and it’s September 15th. These are signs of problems looming large on the horizon.
2. TOO MANY COMPLIMENTS – “You have the most beautiful hair I’ve ever seen.” “You’re gorgeous, and I don’t throw that term around lightly.” “I’ve never been able to open up with a woman the way I have with you.” If he says all of this within the first hours of your first date, then he probably wants one thing and it is not between your ears.
3. MASTER OF CONFUSION – He confuses you with other women. As indicated earlier, he calls you some else’s name or mentions the movie you did not see with him last Friday. He cares so little about you that he cannot keep his mind organized around his philandering.
4. MR. FUTURE – A player uses the expression “we” and makes future plans constantly. He knows that this is appealing to a woman who is looking for a permanent relationship. He even goes so far as to talk about future kids and pets. “We can do this, and we can do that, and we can go here and there.” Everything is we, we, we. A player gives women the words he knows they want to hear, but feels no guilt when he takes it back.
5. FRIEND TO NONE, LOVER TO ALL – He doesn’t have platonic female friends. A player doesn’t need platonic women friends because he’s only interested in having sex with all of them. He sees every woman as a potential sex partner, and therefore behaves as if it is a waste of his time to cultivate them as friends.
If you determine that your man is a player, study his behavior and learn from it. Know that if his tricks did not work so well, he would not keep repeating them. He is like a fisherman going out there with bait. He knows he will eventually catch someone with his techniques. He may even be indignant or throw a fit if you call him on his tricks.
If you want to amuse yourself in a dangerous situation, stay with this guy. Otherwise stop wasting your time and get out of the way of the train wreck that this man will make of any real relationship.
For more info contact Elisabeth Dabbelt Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.
by A.D. Summerlin
When dating, it is important to not just figure out what a dating nightmare looks like, but also recognize a great date. Here are some characteristics of the latter:
- A great date is at a location that you both find neutral and pleasurable. The atmosphere and food are fresh and satisfying. The service is efficient and the server is not hovering constantly.
- A great date is aware that you took the time and trouble to prepare for the date. He/she is considerate of your needs. If you drove for two or three hours to get to the location, he/she makes note of this and thanks you.
- A great date is polite to you and to anyone he/she encounters while on the date including servers at restaurants and parking valets.
- A great date is someone who holds the conversation and when the conversation moves to a subject you do not want to discuss and you deliberately change the subject, he/she respects your choice.
- A great date asks you questions about yourself and answers your questions. The qualifier is that both of you are comfortable with the questions and if uncomfortable, may change the subject without reprisal.
- A great date is in a good mood even if he/she just had a flat tire. Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.
- A great date is complementary of your dress and looks, and is not gawking at everyone else in the room as if waiting for someone “better” to come along.
- A great date does not check his/her cell phone. Unless he/she is a doctor, is on call with his/her job, or is on alert with a family emergency, and those are rare. For more ways to find the right one, contact Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.
- A great date understands spontaneity and humor. Laughter hugely important for a great date. If you and your date have witty banter that is equal and your date is not competing for who is funniest, the date is a great one.
- A great date comes to you with the best of intentions, and is considerate regarding who pays. Generally, for the first date, the man or senior person pays. The person who suggested is also a person who pays, and there should be no tense moments regarding this. If a date is fumbling with the credit card or cash, trying to compel you to pay when you are the one who was asked out on the date, it is not a great date.
- A great date enjoys the moment, enjoys you, and enjoys experiencing the moment with you. Whether it is laughing over a centenarian birthday party at the next table in which the ancient man is surrounded by a bevy of lovely young woman, or a woman’s bachelorette party in the bar, a great date understands that all these moments make memories and enjoys them.
- A great date ends with a hug or an affectionate kiss, not a tonsil examination. The kiss is memorable and sweet, ends with eye contact, and there is absolutely no pressure for sex.
- A great date is followed by a phone call or note the next day or in the days to follow.For more info contact Elisabeth Dabbelt Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.
Every first date is a crucial step along the path to a relationship. Still, they can be awkward, frustrating, confusing and heartbreaking, depending on how each person goes about the date. Learn how to have a perfect first date that includes few mishaps and a lot of laughs, fun and memories to last forever.
No matter how well you think you’ll get along, a first date can change everything. Why be stuck on an all-day wine tour with someone if you aren’t feeling the sparks? Try keeping your first date to no more than one or two hours. Then, if things are going really well, you can always extend the date longer, later.
What is a successful first date? It varies depending on the situation and the people involved, maybe you felt like two minutes had passed when it was more like two hours. Success could also be measured in whether or not a second date will take will take place.
Q: We had a great first date two weeks ago, but I haven’t heard from him since about a second date. When will he call?
A: It is always difficult to wonder after a first date if the other person enjoyed themselves as much as you did. You laughed, shared some time together and maybe even some affection or sparkly spark. But what next?
There are a couple of reasons why your amazing first date may not have called after two weeks: he wasn’t interested and didn’t feel comfortable saying so, he was already dating someone else and chose to pursue things with them, he got really busy at work and lost track of time, or he didn’t think you enjoyed yourself or weren’t interested.
Of the four options, two work in your favor and two don’t. The only way you’ll know which applies to you is if you contact him. Send him a quick note or make a phone call (however the two of you arranged the first date is an appropriate way of making contact again), and let him know you had a great time with him the other day. Apologize for not getting back to him sooner saying you’ve been really busy, and your weekend is shaping up to be interesting too with your plans for some event that turns your fancy. Then, leave it up to the gent to reply.