by A.D. Summerlin
When dating, it is important to not just figure out what a dating nightmare looks like, but also recognize a great date. Here are some characteristics of the latter:
- A great date is at a location that you both find neutral and pleasurable. The atmosphere and food are fresh and satisfying. The service is efficient and the server is not hovering constantly.
- A great date is aware that you took the time and trouble to prepare for the date. He/she is considerate of your needs. If you drove for two or three hours to get to the location, he/she makes note of this and thanks you.
- A great date is polite to you and to anyone he/she encounters while on the date including servers at restaurants and parking valets.
- A great date is someone who holds the conversation and when the conversation moves to a subject you do not want to discuss and you deliberately change the subject, he/she respects your choice.
- A great date asks you questions about yourself and answers your questions. The qualifier is that both of you are comfortable with the questions and if uncomfortable, may change the subject without reprisal.
- A great date is in a good mood even if he/she just had a flat tire. Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.
- A great date is complementary of your dress and looks, and is not gawking at everyone else in the room as if waiting for someone “better” to come along.
- A great date does not check his/her cell phone. Unless he/she is a doctor, is on call with his/her job, or is on alert with a family emergency, and those are rare. For more ways to find the right one, contact Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.
- A great date understands spontaneity and humor. Laughter hugely important for a great date. If you and your date have witty banter that is equal and your date is not competing for who is funniest, the date is a great one.
- A great date comes to you with the best of intentions, and is considerate regarding who pays. Generally, for the first date, the man or senior person pays. The person who suggested is also a person who pays, and there should be no tense moments regarding this. If a date is fumbling with the credit card or cash, trying to compel you to pay when you are the one who was asked out on the date, it is not a great date.
- A great date enjoys the moment, enjoys you, and enjoys experiencing the moment with you. Whether it is laughing over a centenarian birthday party at the next table in which the ancient man is surrounded by a bevy of lovely young woman, or a woman’s bachelorette party in the bar, a great date understands that all these moments make memories and enjoys them.
- A great date ends with a hug or an affectionate kiss, not a tonsil examination. The kiss is memorable and sweet, ends with eye contact, and there is absolutely no pressure for sex.
- A great date is followed by a phone call or note the next day or in the days to follow.For more info contact Elisabeth Dabbelt Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.