SINGLE Again and Looking??
The time has come, and you’re back on the dating scene.
What you should know before your start meeting your new potential! Always look your Best!
No matter how long it’s been since you’ve been on a date, there is no excuse for not looking your best. A little mascara, lip gloss and cute outfit can go a long way. And don’t forget to wear a smile. Have fun!
Not every guy will be perfect, so even if you’re not clicking with your date, try to have a good time. Think of it as practice.
Leave your past behind.
Avoid discussing into your past relationships. You don’t need to relive history, and your date doesn’t either. Before long, you will both be bashing former loves, and the night will be ruined. Instead, focus on the guy you’re with and getting to know him.
Do not drink too much!
Drinking can lower your inhibitions and help calm your nerves, but after a cocktail or two, your judgment becomes altered. Stay in control by watching how much you drink.
Turn off Cell phone and Blackberry!
Nobody likes to be criticized. Nevertheless, it is a fact of life that no one is perfect and everyone could use coaching in some arenas – gentlemen and ladies alike. So here are some guidelines for men by way of a poll taken of women (ages 28-40) who date a minimum of five times a month. Understand that the way you behave on a date matters to potential mates of quality. In other words – here’s how to get a second date.
Question: You are out on a first date with someone. You see your date entering the dining room where you have agreed to meet. What is the first thing you should do?
A. Take a gulp of wine and get ready for introductions
B. Let the restaurant host or hostess seat your date and take your drink orders
C. Stand up and greet your date by name, if she offers her hand, shake it and see to it that, if you do not seat her yourself, a restaurant staff member does this. Then sit down.
The answer is “C”. Stand up and greet your date.
The etiquette behind this is ancient and insures that the man is a gentleman who will take charge if any violence breaks out in the castle or village. Okay, so there are not castles or villages at the restaurant where you’re having dinner with your date, but the effect is still the same. It says that you will protect and respect her.
Whether this dating friendship lasts a lifetime or you just become friends, this practice will stand you in good stead. The woman of quality will always remember that you stood up for her the first time you had a date.
If your date excuses herself to “powder her nose,” should you stand up again?
Yes. Then stand up again when she returns unless she indicates that it is okay not to do so. Understanding the profound effect that this one gesture can have on your life, you would be well-advised to take a look at it.
Oh, and by the way, the stand up rule applies to other people as well. The stand up etiquette also applies if the person meeting you is your elder or a woman other than your wife, girlfriend, or date. In the workplace this gesture is vitally important. It conveys the fact that you understand social decorum, and respect the position and status of others.
The dating scene is sometimes confusing and difficult to navigate. This first act of gentility will make up for other, unintentional social blunders that may arise during the course of the evening.
Remember that good manners are contagious, so spread them around. The world could use more truly thoughtful gentlemen. Standing up for your lady may seem awkward at first, but with practice and confidence, you will soon be the man your friends envy for successful dating.
Committed love relationships are the most powerful and prized of all human experiences and have the potential for the deepest personal and social healing.
They are also the most complex of human relationships.
The process of joining two people in a relationship which is intended to last a lifetime can involve great effort. Unfortunately, too often, couples are not equipped to deal with the challenges they may face.
Written by Elisabeth Dabbelt, Relationship Coach and Orlando Professional Matchmaker https://orlandosingleprofessional.com/
PART II by A. D. Summerlin
You’ve already been locked out of his cell phone, and he keeps calling you by sweet endearments so much that you suspect he doesn’t really know your name. His mother has called you Marie and your name is Louise. If you have not yet determined whether or not you are dating a player, here are more ways to make the determination:
1. FACEBOOK HAREM – He has more Facebook posts from women than men, and his guy friends are only in pictures that include him. His Facebook wall consists of a bunch of women with captions that read, “Miss you,” “Let’s do it again!” and “So much fun last Labor Day” and it’s September 15th. These are signs of problems looming large on the horizon.
2. TOO MANY COMPLIMENTS – “You have the most beautiful hair I’ve ever seen.” “You’re gorgeous, and I don’t throw that term around lightly.” “I’ve never been able to open up with a woman the way I have with you.” If he says all of this within the first hours of your first date, then he probably wants one thing and it is not between your ears.
3. MASTER OF CONFUSION – He confuses you with other women. As indicated earlier, he calls you some else’s name or mentions the movie you did not see with him last Friday. He cares so little about you that he cannot keep his mind organized around his philandering.
4. MR. FUTURE – A player uses the expression “we” and makes future plans constantly. He knows that this is appealing to a woman who is looking for a permanent relationship. He even goes so far as to talk about future kids and pets. “We can do this, and we can do that, and we can go here and there.” Everything is we, we, we. A player gives women the words he knows they want to hear, but feels no guilt when he takes it back.
5. FRIEND TO NONE, LOVER TO ALL – He doesn’t have platonic female friends. A player doesn’t need platonic women friends because he’s only interested in having sex with all of them. He sees every woman as a potential sex partner, and therefore behaves as if it is a waste of his time to cultivate them as friends.
If you determine that your man is a player, study his behavior and learn from it. Know that if his tricks did not work so well, he would not keep repeating them. He is like a fisherman going out there with bait. He knows he will eventually catch someone with his techniques. He may even be indignant or throw a fit if you call him on his tricks.
If you want to amuse yourself in a dangerous situation, stay with this guy. Otherwise stop wasting your time and get out of the way of the train wreck that this man will make of any real relationship.
For more info contact Elisabeth Dabbelt Elite Introductions and Matchmaking serving Central Floridahttps://orlandosingleprofessional.com/.